Science and research activities
DSTU is one of the top South Russian research universities. A wide scope of research activities carried out at DSTU is a result of well-organized and contemporary structure that has been improving during last 87 years. We believe that science can solve major future challenges in such areas as health, nutrition, economic, communication, environment, transport, infrastructure and others.
Over 20 000 students and 3 700 staff members including 250 Doctors and 1200 PhDs are engaged in our everyday scientific and research work. Today DSTU is implementing 180 research projects in fundamental and applied fields in close cooperation with local, national and international academic, research, industrial, business and state partners.
The main research areas are the following:
1. Transdisciplinary researches and suprasectoral high technologies
• metallurgy, material science and new material technology;
• electrical engineering, electromechanics and electrotechnics;
• hydraulic vacuum and compressor machinery, technological machines and equipment, innovation, tool engineering, applied mechanics, power-plant engineering;
• technology, equipment and automation of mechanical facilities;
• technological machines and equipment, land transport systems, vehicle operation, aircraft engineering and rocket production;
• food technology, metrology, standardization and certification.
2. Information telecommunicational and cognitive technologies, intelligent systems
• applied mathematics and informatics, applied mathematics and physics;
• automation and control;
• information systems, computer science and computer engineering;
• automation and control, electronics and microelectronics
3. Applied engineering-economic and socio-humanitarian technologies
• environmental protection, aquatic bioresources and aquaculture, agro engineering;
• technology of processing and man-made mineral formation and wastes recycling;
• technologies of radioactive waste and burn-up fuel safe handling;
• biomedical life support and protection of the individual technologies;
• bioinformation technology;
• bioengineering technology;
• nanotechnology and nanomaterials;
• project management;
• applied sociology;
• engineering marketing
Most of DSTU scientific and research activities are carried out as a part of third-cycle education (MA, PhD) and are a great basis for final theses and career start of our graduates.
We appreciate all governmental and private organizations and individuals who provide financial and patronage support for DSTU researchers. With your help we are constantly participating in various national and international joint projects, conferences and contests; publish research results in thematic periodicals; starts-up new companies and are open for new discoveries.
Our scientists and researches are welcome at “Technology and innovation support center on the basis of DSTU”
It is organized in the framework of the International project "Establishment of Technology and innovation support centers" provides the following services:
1. Provides access to inventions, utility models and industrial designs databases of Federal Institute of Industrial Property.
2. Assists in searching in the databases of FIIP, USA and European Patent Office.
3. Provides General information on intellectual property laws.
4. Provides additional commercial services related to protection of intellectual property, including:
- assistance in forming of applications for registration of computer programs and electronic databases, for obtaining patents for an invention of Russian Federation, utility models, industrial designs and certificates for trademarks;
- assistance in forming of applications for foreign patents for an invention, including the international patent system, and certificates for trademarks in foreign countries, including Madrid system;
- preparation of reports for the judicial bodies about violation of the security documents.