Parent University is an educational project bringing together parents, teachers, psychologists and other professionals. It is aimed at building competencies that effectively resolve education issues, development and education of children.
This program includes 5 groups, which correspond to five stages of child development:
- infancy and early childhood – 0 - 3 years
• preschool age – 3 - 7 years
• midchildhood –7 - 10 years
• early adolescence – 10 - 15 years,
• early adulthood –15 - 18 years.
1. Pedagogical (family values upbringing);
Children upbringing in a family. Experienced teacher gives advice, guidance and tips for parents on upbringing, training and development of children.
2. Psychological (comfort in family);
Classes on psychology of children and parents relationship are aimed to help parents to deal with the complex features of developmental psychology.
3. Legal (child rights);
The lecturer will help parents to understand that children's rights are important, significant that it is the parents who are the guarantors of their children rights; will answer all questions concerning the protection of child rights.
4. Medical (health-preserving factors in family)
Practicing pediatrician, PhD, will acquaint parents with the basics of medical knowledge, will tell how to behave in different circumstances, how to protect children against emerging threats to children's health or physical problems.
Additional programs are formed according to the wishes and proposals of the "Parent University" participants.
Forms of holding: lectures, practicums, round tables, business games, parent rings, psychological trainings.
HAVING GRADUATED FROM THE PARENT UNIVERSITY YOU WILL:
- have unique, systematic education in the field of children education;
- have practical knowledge on the development of the child personality in physical, emotional, intellectual and moral spheres of life;
- increase legal literacy in children upbringing;
- find answers to questions related to psycho-pedagogical and health-preserving accompaniment of the educational process as a factor of successful children upbringing, education and development;
- develop trusting relationships with children and share experience with parents;
- organize joint leisure activities with your child.