The workshop was held as part of the international educational project “European dimension in qualification for the tourism sector (EurDiQ)” in the framework of Erasmus+ programme.
EurDiQ project involves extensive development of the tourism disciplines and competencies to harmonize the curricula in "Tourism" in HEIs of the countries participating in the project such as the UK, Germany, Cyprus, Latvia, Russia and Kyrgyzstan.
The workshop involved participation of BFUG experts.
During the workshop, London Metropolitan University experts made the following presentations:
- “Development of tourism occupational standards and qualification frameworks in the UK”;
- “Challenges and opportunities in the UK Tourism industry”;
- “Employability and employer links in Travel and Tourism”;
- “Work based learning in sustainable tourism”;
- “Quality Assurance of programmes in the UK”.
The workshop participants also took part in the interactive walking tour “Developing tourism strategy for the City of London” and discussed the topical issues of the project and further stages of the project realization and its dissemination strategy.