8 800100-19-30

International Summer School URBAN REDEVELOPMENT FOR HOSTING FIFA WORLD CUP 2018 IN ROSTOV-ON-DON

Academy of Civil Engineering and Architecture of Don State Technical University invites all students of disciplines related to civil engineering, urban planning, architecture, energy conservation and improving energy efficiency of buildings, utilities and other international students who are interested in the topic of the course.


1. Summer school overview

International Summer School
Urban Redevelopment for Hosting FIFA World Cup 2018 in Rostov-on-Don.

Academy of  Civil Engineering and Architecture of Don State Technical University invite all students of disciplines related to civil engineering, urban planning, architecture, energy conservation and improving energy efficiency of buildings, utilities and other international students who are interested in the topic of the course. Preferably to senior students studying Civil Engineering (including computer aided design) and Building Services Engineering (including Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning).
The course consists of three main modules:
1. Redevelopment of Rostov Region territory in the preparation for the World Cup 2018,
2. Development of master plan and architectural concept for Ethno-park project,
3. Development of project management for Ethno-park project, using modern building technologies, structures, materials and construction techniques according to international energy efficiency standards and environmental sustainability.
Also course contain Russian language module.  Russian Language and Culture classes provide language training at two levels - for beginners (for novice learners) and for those aiming to further improve their Russian. Students will also learn Russian culture including songs, dances, cuisine and local crafts.
The course language is English.

Summer school provides the following activities:
- Lectures. Lectures will be conducted by the Don State Technical University professors, design organization experts, qualified professionals with extensive practical experience. Lectures will be devoted to the issues of construction, reconstruction, master plan development, energy-efficient technologies, engineering systems, as well as the Don Cossacks’ culture and life.
- Workshops – training sessions, combined with construction site visits. Such visits are scheduled for the Summer school participants as: a site-visit to the tourist-recreational zone in Rostov on Don left-bank waterfront under reconstruction where the creation of the Ethno-Park is planned; a site-visit to the facilities under construction in preparation for hosting the FIFA World Cup 2018 - the Rostov-Arena Stadium and the Southern International Airport Complex. A visit to the Regional Research and Design Institute of Urban Development is scheduled, too.
- Group work on the project. In the process of working on the project, participants are divided into mixed international groups, being supposed to develop their original concepts and projects of the Ethno-Park.
- Individual work on the project. The individual work on the project lies in doing part of the group project by each individual student.
- Presentation of the project results.
- Russian Language and Culture classes provide language training at two levels - for beginners (for novice learners) and for those aiming to further improve their Russian. Students will also learn Russian culture including songs, dances, cuisine and local crafts.

Module Redevelopment of Rostov Region territory in the preparation for the World Cup 2018 contain next themes:
Problems of urban redevelopment, Peculiarities of developing the project « The River Don Left-Bank Waterfront Tourist-Recreational Zone Project Development in Preparation for the FIFA World Cup 2018, Master plan for development of Rostov-on-Don, including the left-bank waterfront tourist and recreational zone, Creation of the Southern International Airport Complex in preparation for the FIFA World Cup 2018.
Module Development of master plan and architectural concept for Ethno-park project contain next themes:
Cultural features of the Don Land development; Introductory lecture on culture and life of the Don Cossacks; Peculiarities of Don Cossacks life; Peculiarities of the development of master plans for territories. Architectural features of the Don Cossack village construction; Using techniques of building information modeling for the design.
Module Development of project management for Ethno-park project, using modern building technologies, structures, materials and construction techniques according to international energy efficiency standards and environmental sustainability contain next themes:
Energy-saving technologies for design and construction; Modern technologies and materials in accordance with environmental sustainability; Structures and construction techniques in accordance with environmental sustainability; Contemporary engineering systems meeting the requirements of energy efficiency and sustainable construction; Ecological reconstruction as a factor of sustainable development of territories.

In the course of the project work, an active interaction takes place between Russian and International students, professors and staff members, including the exchange of ideas, developments and research achievements on the topic of the Summer School. Students are in permanent contact with professors and the Summer School organizers who provide them with full support, advice and consultation on the project work.
When not working on the project, Summer School participants are involved in informal communication, as well as extensive cultural program. For the Summer School participants an opportunity is provided to visit cultural and historical museums dedicated to the Don Cossacks traditions and lifestyle - in such Don Land towns and cities as Rostov-on-Don, Azov, Novocherkassk, Starocherkassk. Moreover, the the programme includes the tours around the Don State Technical University and the Academy of Construction and Architecture with visits to research laboratories, etc. in order to familiarize international students with the system of education in the Russian Federation.

2. Programme

The programme of the summer school21.08.2017 - 08.09.2017
Urban Redevelopment for Hosting FIFA World Cup 2018 in Rostov-on-Don

Week 1. Redevelopment of Rostov Region territory in the preparation for the FIFA World Cup 2018.


Monday;
21 August 2017

 

Lecture «Problems of urban redevelopment»

Workshop «Introductory tour of the city of Rostov-on-Don»
Tour of Nakhichevan-on-Don - the most Armenian town of Russia that merged with Rostov-on-Don in 1929

Group work on project theme

Russian  language course

Welcome Party

Tuesday;

Lecture «Peculiarities of developing the project «The River Don Left-Bank Waterfront Tourist-Recreational Zone Project Development in Preparation for the FIFA World Cup 2018»

22 August 2017

Workshop «A visit to Rostov-on-Don left-bank waterfront including the Rostov-Arena Stadium»

 

Group work on the project theme

 

Individual work on the project

Wednesday;

Lecture «Master plan for development of Rostov-on-Don, including the river Don left-bank waterfront tourist and recreational zone» at the Regional Research and Design Institute of Urban Development

23 August 2017

Workshop at the Regional Research and Design Institute of Urban Development

 

Group work on project theme

 

Russian  language course

Thursday;

Lecture «Creation of the Southern International Airport Complex in preparation for the FIFA World Cup 2018»

24 August 2017

Workshop within the site-visit to the Southern International Airport Complex

 

Group work on the project theme

 

Individual work on the project

Friday;

Lecture «Master plan development for the city left-bank waterfront in preparation for the FIFA World Cup 2018»

25 August 2017

Workshop on the project

 

Group work on project theme

 

Russian  language course

Saturday;

Visit to Azov historical, archaeological and paleontological museum. Sightseeing tour of the town of Azov.

26 August 2017

Sunday;

 Cultural program: Visit to Starocherkassk Historical and Architectural Heritage Area. Sightseeing tour of the Don Cossack village of Starocherkassk.

27 August 2017

Week 2. Development of master plan and architectural concept for Ethno-Park project


Monday;

Lecture «Cultural features of the Don Land development»

28 August 2017

Workshop «A visit to the Rostov  Local Lore Museum »

 

Group work on project theme

 

Russian  language course

Tuesday;

Lecture «Introductory lecture on culture and life of the Don Cossacks»

29 August 2017

Workshop on the project

 

Group work on project theme

 

Individual work on the project

Wednesday;

Lecture «Peculiarities of Don Cossacks life»

30 August 2017

Workshop «Visit to the Don Cossack village on the river Don left-bank waterfront»

 

Group work on project theme

 

Russian  language course

Thursday;

Lecture «Peculiarities of the development of master plans for territories. Architectural features of the Don Cossack village construction»

31 August 2017

Workshop on the project

 

Group work on project theme

 

Individual work on the project

Friday;

Lecture «Using BIM techniques (building information modeling) for designing»

1 September 2017

Workshop on the project

 

Group work on project theme

 

Russian  language course

Saturday;

Cultural program: Visit to Novocherkassk Museum of Don Cossacks History.
Visit to South-Russian State Polytechnical University named after the Don Cossack Chief Platov. Sightseeing tour of the town of Novocherkassk - the Don Cossacks capital.

2 September  2017

Sunday;

Cultural program: Visit to Taganrog History Museum (Alferaki Palace). Visit to the house-museum of Anton Chekhov – a famous Russian writer. Sightseeing tour of the town of Taganrog

3 September  2017

Week 3.Development of project management for the Ethno-Park project, using modern building technologies, structures, materials and construction techniques in accordance with international energy efficiency and environmental sustainability standards


Monday;

Lecture «Energy-saving technologies for design and construction»

4 September 2017

Workshop

 

Group work on project theme

 

Russian  language course

Tuesday;

Lecture «Modern technologies and materials in accordance with environmental sustainability»

5 September 2017

Workshop on the project

 

Group work on project theme

 

Individual work on the project

Wednesday;

Lecture «Structures and construction techniques in accordance with environmental sustainability»

6 September 2017

Workshop «A visit to the low-rise housing village of Shchepkin»

 

Group work on project theme

 

Russian  language course

Thursday;

Lecture «Contemporary engineering systems meeting the requirements of energy efficiency and sustainable construction»

7 September 2017

Workshop «A visit to the laboratory of contemporary engineering systems and equipment»

 

Group work on project theme

 

Individual work on the project

Friday;

Lecture «Ecological reconstruction as a factor of sustainable development of territories»

8 September 2017

Workshop on the project

 

Project Defence Group Presentations

Farewell Party

3. Accommodation

Summer school activities will take place on the center of the Rostov on Don. The main location will be the project rooms of the Academy of  Civil Engineering and Architecture DSTU. Also there we have comfortable dormitories. The dormitories are located in an ecologically clean area of the city. They are surrounded by greenery part of the city. All dorms are located in close proximity to lecture rooms. Each dorm room is designated for two or three students . The dorms have internet access. Each dorm floor has fully equipped kitchens. The dorms have washing machines, lockers, stores, refreshment rooms and cafeterias. The dorms are patrolled by the security service. The campus has multiple leisure and sports facilities.

4. Cultural programme

The cultural program includes: bus sightseeing tour of Rostov on Don, Azov, Taganrog, Starocherkassk, Novocherkassk and optional excursions. For example in Rostov on Don you will see:
The angle of the Kirov and Sadovaya streets. Apartment house Massolitovoy. Architect Vasilev built it in1890. Apartment house - Condo for rental housing. The phenomenon was common in ancient Rome, then met in more recent times in Europe and in Russia. Rostov - commercial city, because apartment buildings have taken root here.
Musical Theatre. Rostov-on-Don - one of the oldest centers of musical life in the South of Russia. Development of professional musicianship. Rostov musicians playing famous orchestras in Russia and abroad. In 1919 came the Rostov Musical Comedy Theatre, he received the status of state in January 1931. It was one of the best operetta theaters in the Soviet Union has left a significant mark in the history of music. In September 1999, the theater moved to a new building - "White piano". Today the theater has in its repertoire of operas, ballets, operettas, musicals, rock opera, musical novellas, brilliant symphony concerts. Troupe received prestigious awards - such as the "Golden Mask".
University. History of the Southern Federal University begins in 1915, when were evacuated to the south departments Warsaw Imperial University opened in 1817 by Alexander I. Initially,in the university learned historians, linguists, physicians, mathematicians, physicists and lawyers. During the XX century the university was changing names. Now it is the largest University in southern Russia. Notable alumni: Mordukhai Dmitri Dmitrievich - mathematician, Mordukhai Filaret Dmitrievich - zoologist, Solzhenitsyn Alexander - a mathematician, philosopher, writer, Troubetzkoy Nicholas S. - philosopher, linguist, Petrov Michael K. - philosopher, culturel and many others.
Gazetniy 18. Synagogues had always been a center of concentration of the Jewish community – there was celebrated not only the ceremonies, but celebrated everyday family, city events. Here are actively developing Jewish culture, education, to solve personal and business affairs. Rostov-on-Don as the economic and trade capital of the Russian south attracted bankers, industrialists and manufacturers who, for the most part were representatives of the ancient Middle Eastern people. Unfortunately, once numerous Rostov synagogue to have survived only one, known as the Soldier among í. His name she received by the name of the settlement, in which the soldiers of the fortress settled Dmitry Rostovsky, abolished in the 19th century. Presumably, the architect of the synagogue was Ernst von Ernestovich Shulman, a building contractor - Moses L. Geronimus. Synagogue seriously damaged by fire during the criminal attacks in 1905. The building was reconstructed only in 1913-1914, when the necessary funds were collected. The author of the reconstruction project was Petersburg architect Yakov Germanovich Gevirts. In 1943, after the liberation of Rostov-on-Don synagogue again took the Jewish community. Official permission to use the building of the Jewish community received on April 14, 1945.
Theatre Square.
Stella - the first thing you see, getting on Theatre Square - high (42 m) memorial of copper covered with gold leaf, in honor of the city's liberation from the Nazism. It depicts the goddess Nike and the Order of the Patriotic War. German troops occupied Rostov twice: in the autumn of 1941 and the summer of 1942. In the first part of the Wehrmacht approached the city on November 17, 1941. The attack led the 3rd Panzer Corps 1st Panzer Army under the command of E. von Mackensen as part of the 13th and 14th Panzer Divisions, 60th Motorized Infantry Division and the 1st SS Division. To protect the city of the 56th Army of the Red Army, under the command of General Remezov, of which, along with other parts, were 339th Infantry Division Rostov and the Rostov Infantry Regiment of the People's Militia, formed from local people. On 20 November the Germans entered in town. 1st Battalion SS Division broke through the railway bridge and took him unharmed. A week later, on November 28, Soviet troops under the command of Marshal Semyon Timoshenko launched a counteroffensive and recaptured the city. The liberation of Rostov was the first major victory of the Red Army in the initial period of war. Rostov Soviet remained until July 1942, when, after the failure of the Red Army offensive near Kharkov, the German command launched an offensive in the Kuban and the Caucasus. On July 24, 1942 in Rostov entered the 17th Wehrmacht army. At this time the Soviet troops did not have a sufficient resistance to the enemy, which was noted in the text of the famous Stalin's order number 227 - "Not one step back!". The city was finally occupied by the Red Army February 14, 1943 as a result of a planned retreat of the Wehrmacht on the line of defense Mius-front. During the second occupation, there were mass killings of Jews. The place of mass destruction became Zmievskaya Balka on the outskirts of the city, where the occupants were shot and killed by other means about 27 thousand people.
The war has caused great damage to the city Rostov-on-Don was among the ten most affected by the war Russian cities. The city during the fighting was destroyed about 12 thousand. Homes. Occupiers more than 40 thousand people were killed. According to some reports, 53 thousand í was deported to Germany for forced labor. In German-occupied territory of the Rostov region illegally left about 10 thousand communists. Of these, about 40% destroyed or handed over to the Gestapo their membership cards. After clearing the area of ​​5019 persons have been excluded from the party.
Gorky Theatre - Rostov Academic Drama Theatre. Gorky - one of the largest theaters in Rostov-on-Don. This building, which determines the shape of the Theatre Square, known in the architectural world as a monument of late constructivism. The construction of the theater building was designed in 1929. The place was chosen wasteland between the newly united in one city Rostov and Nakhichevan-on-Don. First prize in the competition was made by GB Barkhin and MG Barkhin (featuring BG Barkhin) project "The Red Poppy". They received and a cash prize. However, after meeting with who came later and did not participate in the general competition project B. and V. Shuko Gelfreich, it was decided to use it. The basis of the architectural form of the building is put stylization crawler tractor, likely the first Soviet tractor "Kommunar". Theatre did not stop its work with the beginning of the Great Patriotic War. And for the evacuation did not even changed the composition of his troupe. In 1943, the Nazis retreated from Rostov, blew up the building of the theater. It was only in 1963 at the Theater Square building of the theater has been restored. It was a gift for the centenary of the theater. Because of the unusual shape, theater informally called - "Tractor".
Originally, the theater was lined with white Inkerman stone (material from the Crimea), and part of the facade - white marble pilasters at the entrance to the theater were polished Labrador. Also natural marble main staircase were faced, artificial - lobby, foyer and auditorium. The Grand Hall was designed for 2250 spectators and was intended for stage performances, while small - for variety and concert. The theater building included a library and a museum. The facade is decorated with high reliefs by Sergei Korolkov. Such major architects as Le Corbusier and Oscar Niemeyer, known as the pearl of the theater of Soviet architecture. The London museum of architectural history Russia are only two layout: St. Basil's Cathedral and the Drama Theatre Maxim Gorky.
Nakhichevan. In 1779, to the east of the fort Armenians (natives of the Crimean peninsula) founded the city of Nor Nakhijevan (prefix means new norm). In the development plan of the new city involved a famous Russian architect IE older. August 9, 1797 Fortress, and Nakhichevan became part of the Rostov district Novorossiysk province. In 1838 the town was renamed in Nakhichevan-on-Don. Rostov-Nakhichevan boundary ran through the avenue of contemporary theater. By the beginning of the XIX century Nakhichevan-on-Don has become a craft-industrial and commercial center. In the Armenian villages near the town developed arable farming and animal husbandry. City quickly started to be built houses, shops, public buildings, located on the straight and wide streets. The first church - St. Astvatsatsin (Holy Virgin) - built in 1780. A total of 6 Armenian churches in the city and in the suburbs erected Surb Khach Monastery was built (Holy Cross). The settlers were given the relative autonomy. In addition to the city of Nor-Nakhichevan-Empress Catherine the Great had complained Armenians adjoining villages. In 1928, the Nakhichevan-on-Don was abolished due to the inclusion in the Rostov-on-Don. Nevertheless, the name "Nakhichevan" continues to be used informally Rostov residents in relation to the relevant part of the city.
Theatre for Young People (now)  in the past - Nakhichevan City Theatre. The building of Nakhchivan City Theatre was erected from 1896 to 1899 under the project of the city architect N. Durbach. Now it is a theater of the young spectator.
Pushkinskaya 83 - Sabina’s Spielrein home. She was the Russian and Soviet analyst, teacher, student of Karl Jung. In the period of youth she had an affair with Jung, which is why he had even quit the department. About this story a modern feature film - "A Dangerous Method" with Kiera Knightley. Sabina engaged child psychoanalysis, worked before the war in Moscow with children leaders of the USSR. During the war, he returned to growth, and died, when in July 1942, Rostov-on-Don won the German army and the beginning of mass executions of Jews. Sabina Spielrein and her two daughters were killed in Zmievskaya Balka in August 1942.
Not only is it known Rostov people. Also: Elena Obraztsova (opera singer), Yuri Bashmet (musician, conductor), Rostislav Plyatt (theater actor), as well as many physicians, scientists, and others.
Bolshaya Sadovaya - the main street of Rostov-on-Don was built beginning in 1781, although then it did not yet have a name. But the master plan in 1811, the chain has already identified buildings of suburban street. The history says that until the mid-19th century this place was used for landfill and sewage removal. Improvement Sadovaya engaged only in 1864, when the street lights installed street kerosene. Then here held water, allowed the first in Rostov-on-Don electric tram in 1901.
In the past, in Rostov-on-Don, there are two streets Big and Small Sadovaya on the location they are parallel to each other. A section of Bolshaya Sadovaya street nicknamed by locals "Rostov Broadway." This segment of Budennovsk to Voroshilov Avenue, which is decorated with unique buildings, each of which bore the name of its owner.
The building of the City «Duma» (municipality, Town House) - a building in Rostov-on-Don, built in 1899 by architect Pomerantsev. One of the major architectural landmarks of the city. Originally, the building housed City Council and council. Now there is also local government.
Conservatory - Rahmaninov’s  Rostov Conservatory  (the great Russian composer) was opened in 1967. Rostov Conservatory - the largest center of musical culture and art of the North Caucasus and southern Russia. She has trained 4000 specialists - pianists, conductors, chorus masters, composers, musicologists, opera and chamber singers, performers on all orchestral stringed, wind and percussion, folk music, pop and jazz musicians. More than 400 of them became winners and students of international, all Union, all Russian competitions. Besides the classics, Rostov known strong jazz school. In the fall the city hosts jam sessions and concerts.
Department Store - is a central store in Rostov-on-Don. It is located in the historic old town. Central Department Store building was built in 1910 according to the plan of architect Gulin. It is made in the style of Art Nouveau. The first owner was a local philanthropist CUM Pustovoitov.
Central Cathedral - Cathedral of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
The majestic Cathedral - one of the architectural ornaments of Rostov-on-Don, built by the architect Ton (Тоn – is famous russian architect, who developed the "Russian-Byzantine style" architecture of the temple; the most famous buildings - the Grand Kremlin Palace and the Cathedral of Christ the Savior in Moscow). The eponymous temple on this place in Rostov-on-Don already existed, but planted in 1781, the church was burned by lightning. Then we build another wooden church, a merchant, but by 1854 he became dilapidated, so it was decided to erect a stone cathedral. The works lasted until 1860, with the result that the city has found a church in Russian-Byzantine style. In 1887, the five-domed cathedral on the western side complemented the four-tiered bell tower, which was destroyed in the middle of the 20th century. It was restored in 1999, for the anniversary of Rostov-on-Don. The very same temple during the Soviet authorities closed in 1937, placing the zoo building, but after five years of service is resumed.
Old Bazaar - the historic city center. In one of the shops, probably traded father Chekhov - the great Russian writer. Largely due to the old bazaar it originated and developed Rostov merchant for many years. The history of the city is counted from December 15, 1749, when he went out the imperial decree on the establishment in Temernik estuary customs "at the rate and domestic duties for gathering with imported from the Turkish area and exported of Russian goods abroad ...". The first mention of Rostov market is, in historical documents dating back to the forties years of the XVIII century, but its historical roots go even deeper. At the beginning of the XVIII century here on Poludenka, was built a small wooden chapel, consecrated in honor of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary, which was destined to become a kind of guardian of the future of the city market. In 1820, in the market square by the architect were built wooden Sharzhinsky Living series, which started the formation of the architectural ensemble of the Central Market. Old Bazaar became so cited after in 1840 declared itself the New Bazaar, which specialized in the sale of non-food items. In 1905 it was completely destroyed by fire during the pogroms in 1906 and re-opened, but perhaps elsewhere. Accurate information about this. By 1893, the construction of three indoor halls was completed in the Old Bazaar. Projected market city architect Sokolov. Draft second and third indoor markets were demonstrated at the Nizhny Novgorod Fair in 1896, where they were awarded gold medals and became the standard for the markets of other Russian cities. Today, preserved only the third market hall (now there sell clothes).
Voroshilovskiy bridge - one of the attractions of the city of Rostov-on-Don. It connects the two banks of the Don. It was built in the 60s of the last century. One of the first bridge, where the technology has been applied adhesive joints. According to the authors of the project Kuznetsov (engineer) and Kleiman (architect) in its construction conventional bolts and welding is not used. Bridge is a continuation of the route, which connects the city Rostov region Azov and Bataisk. It is also a major transport artery, through which you can reach the left bank of the Don, which is the main and favorite place of rest of Rostov. There are camp sites, holiday homes, bars and restaurants and the World Cup Stadium. Today the bridge in full force and effect does not work, because in October 2007 during a scheduled scan, the old bridge was found crack. Almost built a new one. It is planned to further ropeway for tourists.
Tachanka - Monument (monument) built in the year of the 60th anniversary of the Great October Socialist Revolution. Dedicated to the First Cavalry Army, fought against Denikin (tsarist general) during the Civil War. The monument was opened in 1977, it is made of plaster, and inside - hollow. On top of the composition is covered with sheets of copper. A great creative team, which included sculptors worked on the monument Batai, Lapko, Kosolapov, architect Ibalakov. The head of the team has become a sculptor Sknarin. Today, with all sides clearly visible quartet of horses rushing gallop. They harnessed to the cart, on which the weapon, ready at any moment to fire the enemy.
Zoo. One of the largest zoos in Russia covers an area of 90 hectares, now has a collection of more than 5 000 individuals. It is about 400 species of animals, including rare species. Of special interest guests invariably cause three Asian elephant, pink flamingos, red-crowned crane, white-tailed and other inhabitants. The history of the Rostov zoo began in 1927. Zoo was opened on the area adjacent to the building of the former gymnasium. Zoo grew out of the corner of the school in nature, the first on-Don bearing the name of Alfred Brehm. From the school yard animals transported to the city outskirts.
Museum of railway equipment. In 1960, it was founded by the Technical Museum of Railway Transport of the Russian Federation. It is dedicated to trains and railways of the country. Way in the east of the station have been removed, and in the opposite part of a museum. Periodically on the retro train arrange tours around the city, with a stop in Taganrog, and a stop at the museum. The museum is large and includes more than 60 units of various equipment. There is both passenger and freight cars, and some of them even were brought into the country during the Second World War in the form of trophies.
Memorial Zmiivska balka. In August 1942, the German invaders were shot and killed by other means about 27 thousand people, mostly Jews. This place is the biggest mass extermination of Jews in Russia during the Holocaust (or as Babi Yar). Currently Zmievskaya Balka is the memorial complex. August 9 the Germans was issued an order directing the Jewish population of Rostov come at 8 o'clock the morning of August 11 at the collection points for "resettlement" in a special area in order to protect the Jews from the violence on the part of the non-Jewish population, alleged in the preceding days. From there, people in groups of 200-300 people and distilled transported to the execution site.
The memorial was opened in 1965.
Mosque - Furmanovsky 131. In tsarist times on the street. Krasnoarmeyskaya st. was a large central mosque. The new mosque was built from 1999 to 2003. At its construction were taken into account all the latest building technologies and ancient architectural tradition. At the same time for prayer can come here one and a half thousand people. Next to the two-storey building of the mosque stands the 27-meter minaret. On Saturdays and Sundays in the mosque of classes for the study of the Arabic language, the Qur'an and the history of Islam.
Surb Khach - The name of the Armenian Surb Khach church can be translated as "holy cross". Unique temple - the oldest preserved in Rostov-on-Don stone structure. Its construction had to the 1786-1792 years. In the late 18th century, first in the southern part of the Russian printing house was opened in the monastery of the Holy Cross. Style Temple of Surb Khach tends to Russian classicism architectural monument resembled the eponymous monastery, located in the Crimea. The appearance of Surb Khach church in Rostov-on-Don by chance. When Catherine II in these lands were relocated the Crimean Armenians, who decided to build a building in the city, which will remind them of their native places. The choice, of course, fell on the church. For its construction was chosen picturesque area - Temernik river with island, a grove and springs. Today the monastery complex is surrounded by residential area.
Ancient shrines and khachkars, in particular the 4th century the stone on which was carved a cross kept in the church. Of all the relics preserved it alone. Among the buildings of the monastery was listed near the huge bishop's house, tower, lost over time, preserved to this day the gates and stone staircase. In 1972, in the temple of the Holy Cross has opened a museum of the Armenian-Russian friendship, the church was returned to believers only in 2007.
North Cemetery (exotic). The largest by area in the cemetery of the European part of Russia. It was discovered in 1972. It occupies an area of over 400 hectares. Number of graves - more than 500 thousand. As of 2009, the number was 355,034 graves on the area of 355 hectares. One of the largest cemeteries in Europe. Many unusual monuments. Especially Gypsy graves according to their ideas, this ethnic group is burying their dead with furniture, kitchenware and so on.
There is an alley of heroes. There are Muslim part and other traditions.
You see that Rostov - South picturesque town with a long history in which they live bright, open, emotional people.

5. Registration and fees

The course fee is 500 EUR  It include:
training 
teaching materials 
accommodation in a dormitories
lunch break 
internet access at accommodation
free use of library
cultural program

Registration
Your application should be sent to our Summer School Coordinator
Please submit the following documents:
─ Application form
─ Curriculum vitae
─ Motivation Letter
─ Copy of passport

6. Contact

For further information do not hesitate to contact us:
Sergei Meshcheriakov, Head of International Cooperation Department
Maria Seninets, Director of International Education and Tuning Center
Don State Technical University
Gagarin square 1, room 511
Rostov-on-Don, 344000,
Russia
center-tuning@donstu.ru
+7 (863) 238-13-96

7. Useful links


Application deadline for DAAD Scholarships 15.01.2017 - 15.03.2017  here

Application for International Summer School Urban Redevelopment for Hosting FIFA World Cup 2018 in Rostov-on-Don.


Prepare the following documents ahead:

  • a CV (to be uploaded as a pdf or word document)
  • a motivation letter (maximum of 500 words, to be uploaded as a pdf or word document)
  • a copy of passport (to be uploaded as a pdf or jpg document)

Fill in the application form below:
Complete all required fields (*) of the application form on this page.

Only fill in and submit the application form when you have all information and documents available. Thank you.

Application form



Personal information

* Male     Female


Contact information



Education

* Working     Studying
* BA     MA     PhD    


Upload your statement (PDF/Word). Please include your last name, then first name, and type of document in the file name.

Upload your statement (PDF/Word). Please include your last name, then first name, and type of document in the file name.

Upload your statement (PDF/Word). Please include your last name, then first name, and type of document in the file name.
*