1 DISCIPLINE - Complex economic analysis of firms foreign trade activities
2 DEGREE PROGRAMME IN - Economy
3 Profile - The world economy and international business
4 Qualification (degree) - Master
5 Mode of study - Full-time
6 Overall workload (ECTS) - 4
7 Semester - 1st
8 Module type - Compulsory
9 Summative assessment - test / written examination
The discipline aims students to obtain a holistic view on economic analysis as the most important tool of organizations management; to get command of the basic methods of economic analysis and apply thereof for managerial decisions making; to gain theoretical knowledge and practical skills in evaluating firms foreign trade activities.
11 Competences to be developed:
- ability to conduct independent research
- ability to collect, analyze, organize, review and interpret data needed to solve professional problems.
- ability to use basic methods of economic analysis for managerial decisions making;
- ability to evaluate firms foreign trade activities.
12 Learning outcomes Upon successful completion of the discipline students will be able to:
· formulate basic concepts, categories, features and factors of foreign trade activities known in the world economy;
· distinguish socially significant problems and processes in the world and national economy;
· describe principles of economic and foreign trade policy of Russia;
· explain the nature of contractual relations between participants of foreign trade activities;
· compare the existing types of contracts, tell specifics of relationship between the parties within export and import operations;
· know the nature and types of world market prices, principles of foreign trade prices formation and justification;
· analyze and use legislative documents regulating foreign trade activities;
· analyze trends of Russian and world economy development;
· identify problems in establishing optimal economic ties with domestic and foreign partners;
· apply INCOTERMS-2010.
1. A.S. Bulatova N.N. Liventseva " World Economy and International Economic Relations " - M.: Master, 2015
2. Stepkin A.I. « Economic development of the leading industrialized countries in the 20-90-ies of the XX century» - The Voronezh Publishing House. GAU, 2012
3. Strelkova, I.A. «World economy» M.: Master: INFRA-M. - 2013
4. Khalevinskaya E.D. «World Economy and International Economic Relations», M.: Master: INFRA-M, 2011
5. Strovsky L.E. «Foreign economic activity of the enterprise». M .: UNITIDANA, 2015.
6. Rybalkina VE, Mantusova VB « International economic relations ». - M.: Unity-Dana, 2015.
7. S.N. Knyazeva «Fundamentals of national and economic security». - Minsk: BNTU Publishing House, 2012.