International faculty provides pre-degree Russian language courses for applicants with no/insufficient Russian language.
Upon completing preparatory language course, students are expected to be ready to enter the Russian-taught degree programs at DSTU or any Russian university.
▼ Study process
The academic year starts in September. The course duration is 10 months (a full course). Students who arrive after December 1, are expected to opt for a 1.5 year program.
We offer an intensive course of Russian as a foreign language (from elementary level) along with the degree- related subjects also taught in Russian, inc.:
• Engineering and IT;
• Business and Economics;
• Life science and Biomedicine;
• Natural Sciences.
DSTU offers residence houses fully equipped for comfortable living. Normally.
Student Services team will always be nearby to help you with any issues that you may encounter.
▼ Tuition fees
Tuition fees for the pre-degree Russian language courses:
1 year – 100 000 rubles (approx. $ 1 370) (full time, intramural);
1,5 years – 150 000 rubles (approx. $ 2 055).
Please note that the following expenses are NOT include into the tuition fee and need to be considered:
- health insurance – 5 500 rubles (approx. $ 75);
- visa extension - 1 600 rubles (approx. $ 22);
- education credentials / diploma / certificate analysis and expertise – 4 500 rubles (approx. $ 62);
- translation costs – 300 rubles per page (approx. $ 4).
▼ How to apply
All students who have secondary school certificate or higher education diploma, can be enrolled at the International faculty without entrance examinations. All the documents are to be legalized: an apostille or stamps of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Russian Embassy.
There are 7 steps to complete admission process:
1. FILL IN DSTU APPLICATION FORM
2. GET AN INVITATION LETTER
To provide the invitation letter, we require the following documents:
- Copy of the passport (valid for at least 1.5 years before the visa issue date) and copy translated into Russian;
- Copy of the secondary school certificate or higher education diploma (with list of records) and copy translated into Russian.
The documents can be scanned and sent to us by email. Please note that the documents should be scanned properly in order to be readable. We will inform you about any issues with the submitted documents by email.
Once invitation letter is ready we will inform you.
You can get the original invitation letter in the Russian Embassy or Consulate in the country of your stay.
3. OBTAIN VISA
Having received the invitation letter from DSTU, you should contact the nearest Russian Embassy or Consulate in your country and provide documents according to the Embassy requirements.
4. CONFIRM ARRIVAL
Having received the visa from the Russian Embassy or Consulate, you should inform us about your arrival date and time at least 10 days before coming to Russia.
5. PREPARE A FULL DOCUMENT PACKAGE
When waiting for the invitation, PREPARE A FULL SET OF DOCUMENT to submit to the University as soon as you arrive in Russia:
- Passport (valid for at least 1.5 years before the date of entering the Russian territory) and copy of all its pages.
- Migration card stamped by the customs.
- Original of the secondary school certificate or higher education diploma (legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Russian Embassy or with Apostille stamp) with subject details and its copy with a certified translation.
- 6 passport size photos (30 x 40 mm).
6. ARRIVAL AND ADMISSION
Having arrived at DSTU you should submit the original documents.
Every student must be registered at University within three days after arrival at the Russian Federation. The International students’ registration office staff will complete the registration processes.
Afterwards international students are to submit the educational credentials to Center for International Education, Consulting & Monitoring.
7. WELCOME TO DSTU TEAM!
You are allowed to start classes when all the formal processes are finished.
- Pay the contract fees, housing fees, medical insurance.
- Attend a medical examination.
- Wait for the order for your admission.
- Begin to study.
Tel.: +7 (863) 238-17-85, 273-83-76 (8:30 - 17:00 Moscow time)
Address: Rostov-on-Don, Gagarin sq. 1, room 8-508