The Diploma Supplement (DS) is a document accompanying a higher education diploma, providing a standardised description of the nature, level, context, content and status of the studies completed by its holder. It is produced by the higher education institutions according to standards agreed by the European Commission, the Council of Europe and UNESCO.
The supplement is designed as an aid to help (but not guarantee) recognition – it is not a CV or a substitute for the original qualification.
It has the following eight sections of information:
- the holder of the qualification
- the qualification
- its level and function
- the contents and results gained
- certification of the supplement
- details of the national higher education system concerned
- any additional relevant information
What are the benefits?
- a qualification that is more readable and easily comparable abroad
- a precise description of their academic career and the competencies acquired during their studies
- easier access to opportunities for work or further studies abroad
For higher education institutions:
- more transparent qualifications (thanks to easier academic and professional recognition);
- continued national/institutional autonomy within a common framework accepted throughout Europe;
- informed judgements about qualifications that can be understood in other educational contexts;
- greater visibility of the institution abroad;
- enhanced employment prospects for their graduates, both at home and abroad;
- time savings – by answering many of the questions commonly asked of institutions about the content and portability of their qualifications.
The list of sections of European Diploma Supplement
1. INFORMATION DETERMINING the PERSON as OWNER of DOCUMENT ON EDUCATION – Information on the owner of qualification.
1.1. Surname: the Surname.
1.2. Name: the Name, a patronymic.
1.3. Date of a birth (day, month, year): Date, a place, country of birth.
1.4. Personal identification number of the student or a code (if is available): Identification number of a speciality (a direction of preparation, a speciality).
2. INFORMATION DETERMINING QUALIFICATION – Information on qualification.
2.1. Name of qualification and ( if it is awarded ), awarded degree (in language of the original):the Name of qualification (full, reduced).
2.2. Basic speciality (s): Basic area of training on the given qualification, name of ranks, degrees (full, reduced).
2.3. Name and status of the higher educational institution which has given out the document on education (in language of the original): Name of the higher educational institution that awards qualification / Status.
2.4. Name and status of higher educational institution (if differs from 2.3 ) that carry out training ( in language of the original) : Name of the institute which is carrying out training / Status.
2.5. Language (s) of training / examinations: Language of training and the control of knowledge.
3. INFORMATION ON SKILL LEVEL – Information on a skill level.
3.1. Skill level: Skill level.
3.2. Official duration of the program of training: Duration of training.
3.3. Introductory requirements: Requirements under the admission to training.
4. INFORMATION on CONTENTS of TRAINING and Achieved RESULTS: Information on contents and achieved results.
4.1. Form of training: Form of training.
4.2. Requirements of the program of training: Program of training. Requirements.
4.3. Details of the program of training (for example, the studied modules or elements) and received estimations, marks, test points (if the information on estimations exists in the form of an official extract from the document, it should be used here): Contents of the program.
4.4. System of estimation and if exists, a manual on distribution of results/marks: Scheme, rating scale, their distribution.
4.5. The General classification of qualification (in language of the original) : General classification.
5. INFORMATION ON FUNCTION OF QUALIFICATION.
5.1. Access to continuation of training: Admission to the further training.
5.2. Professional status (if it is applied): Professional status.
6. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION - Additional information.
6.1. Additional information: Additional information on qualification.
6.2. Sources of the additional information: Additional sources of information on qualification.
7. REGISTRATION OF DIPLOMA SUPPLEMENT: CERTIFICATE OF DIPLOMA SUPPLEMENT.
7.2. The signature: First name, middle initial, last name: Signature of the certifying person.
7.3. Post: Post.
7.4. An official stamp or seal: Seal.
8. INFORMATION on NATIONAL SYSTEM of HIGHER EDUCATION: Information on national education system.
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT:
+7 (863) 2-738-423 - Consulting & Monitoring Centre for International Education
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org 8-551